Fall Art Hop dessert table at Thump, October 2nd. Always such a joy to be a participant.
- Pumpkin coconut layer cake dressed in caramel Swiss meringue buttercream - truly yummy.
- Pecan cake dressed in caramel Swiss meringue buttercream - again, truly yummy.
- Cocoa-spice cookies
- Nutmeg sugar cookies
- Banana bread
- White spice pound cake
- Pumpkin pound cake
- Pumpkin-chocolate tart
I don't remember where I picked up the pumpkin pound cake recipe or if it was one that I adjusted to it's current stage. Either way, there are variations galore on the web, give or take an egg, buttermilk or sour cream, butter or oil. It's a good keeper and very easy to put together. Drizzle it with some maple glaze or dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy.
Sour cream pumpkin pound cake
3 cups all-purpose flour (I use unbleached flour)
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (or a combo of nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and hints of clove and allspice)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Cream granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Spoon into prepared pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes if using a decorative pan before inverting.