Clapping my hands like a little kid!! I love myself! Sour cherry scones. The only way I would be happier is if someone made them for me, still using this recipe. No. No, no, no, no. I want to make them. That makes me happiest. Yep, yep, yep. I wanna bake for the world, feed my spirit.
This is one of those things that ups my challenge of resisting more than one...I like eating these quite a bit.
Sour cherry scones ~
2 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
6 T. butter, diced
2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole frozen sour cherries, not thawed. After measuring, slice them.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg until nicely loose, add vanilla, add cream. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter. Either by hand or mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add wet ingredients, mix until almost combined.
- Add the frozen cherries, mix just until incorporated.
- Remove to a floured surface. Pat to a height of an inch or more. Cut in six wedges.
- Brush tops with cream, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-25 minutes, depending on the cold status of the frozen berries, how dark you like your scones. Touch them in the middle, they will spring back when done.