|~Disco ball scones ~|
Sofia said, "Look! Disco ball scones!" Maybe it was the sugar from the two scones she consumed. It's an ornament I purchased for a kissing ball, to hang in the house. Well folks, it's collecting dust going on eight years...maybe it wasn't a kissing ball after all, but what Sofia dubbed it - a disco ball. So be it. :) She twirled, she laughed, I love...constantly.
This is not far from the previous recipe, it tastes better though - a bit drier, which I prefer in a scone. And cream...cream is the yummiest, though I will make recipes with buttermilk if that is all I have on hand.
|~ Sweet afternoon snack ~|
3 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
12 T. butter, unsalted, chilled and cubed
3/4 c. cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3-1/2 c. cinnamon chips
Egg wash - optional
- Scone routine, same ol', same ol'. Mix dry ingredients. Add in butter, cut/mix/process until fairly fine meal texture.
- Beat egg, add cream. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Dump mixture onto counter.
- Add in the cinnamon chips to the mass, a handful of kneading and press it out to an inch high. Cut out as desired.
- Brush with egg wash or cream, sprinkle with sugar. These had brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven. Start checking at 20 minutes. Baking time will depend on how high you roll the dough and the size of scones you made. These I baked over 25 minutes, less than 30. But then I think my oven if off. Know yours. :)