Cream cheese mousse cake ~
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- Crush cookies in a food processor until fine as bread crumbs. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the 2T. sugar and melted butter.
- Save a 1/4 c. for topping, place the remaining crumbs in an 8" springform pan.
- Cream the cream cheese with a paddle attachment in your mixer.
- Add the sugar. Mix well. I use an extra fine sugar, so I used a little less than a cup.
- ***Regarding sweetness levels...you can taste the mixture (no eggs) before putting it in the pan - add more sugar if you like.***
- Add the vanilla. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- In a separate bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the whipping cream to medium peaks.
- Add a blobby cup or so of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture bowl. Fold this in. This lightens the mixture to more easily take the remaining whipped cream.
- Add the remaining whipped cream, folding lightly and thoroughly. Taste for you level of desired sweetness.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan, level.
- Add remaining cookie crumbs to the top.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.