|Nicholas waited long enough|
Blueberry spice coffeecakes
1 ¾ c. flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. cloves
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. white sugar
8 T. unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. buttermilk
1 - 1 ½ blueberries, frozen is fine.
Preheat oven to 350, 375 if you prefer. I waffle between the two, depending on my time line.
Line six 4” cake pans with parchment or simply butter and flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at time. Blend thoroughly before adding the second. Cream to lightness.
- Alternate in thirds, the flour and buttermilk, starting with the flour.
- Fold in berries, frozen is fine.
- Divide batter into pans, top with steusel, if desired.
Bake for 40-60 minutes. This will depend on your oven temperature and if the berries are frozen. A touch to the middle to test - if it springs back, they are done. If using parchment lined pans up the side, remove the cakes to a rack. If no parchment was used, cool five minutes before inverting to remove cakes.
Beautiful gift, beautiful indigo tinted fruit.
|Individual packages of warm sweets|
|A nice place to share on a Monday|