Friday, November 26, 2010

Humma-humma ~ Hummus

 
 
 
Hummus.   Hummus for Annie.
 
With slight adjustments, this is my favorite hummus recipe.  The original recipe is from Epicurious
 
Start with the lesser amounts listed on ingredients with a range.  Adjust to taste.
 
 
29 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
1/3 - 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup organic toasted tahini paste
1-2 T. lemon or lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil 
1-2 teaspoons chipotles in adobo, either the sauce or a small part of the pepper itself 
2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/3-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt to taste 
 
Gotta love a food processor.  Remember when it was such a luxury or indulgence, that first one?   Maybe that was just me. 
 
Making this today yielded me one of those, "I feel special and loved by my mother." smiles from Annabelle.  She is the hummus lover in the family.  I happen to really like that idea, given she is only 11.  Making food as a form of giving love lately.  This felt good.  It's the little things that add up.
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment