Rewinding back to the last bread post, now comes the lower two in the picture...
|My poor heart shrank that day|
Rosemary bread ~
Adapted from the baking book, Amy's Bread
1 tsp. yeast
1/4 c. warm water
3 T. olive oil
1/4 c. fresh rosemary - chopped
15 ounces starter
3/4 c. cool/room temperature water
3 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 T. kosher salt
- Bloom the yeast in the 1/4 c. warm water. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the water, oil and the starter. Break up the starter with your fingers. This is fun! Squishy-squishy!
- Smile, laugh, squish some more - who says being middle-aged isn't as fun as being a young child. Only you ~ ~ :)
- Add the salt, flour, rosemary in a bowl, mix. Add this to the wet ingredients.
- Mix or knead for 5 minutes, let rest 20 minutes.
- Mix or knead 5 minutes more. Removed to an oil bowl, let rise for an hour.
- Put in the fridge 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge, let come to room temperature.
- Form into two rounds, cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap rise until almost double, allowing time to preheat the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. (mist oven if desired). Reduce heat to 400 and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- Oh, so yummy is rosemary in bread ~