Friday, March 25, 2011

Sundried tomato vinaigrette ~



I like our dressings to be on the tart side, with a hint of sweet...but always ending with the tart remaining on the tongue.  I also tend to use less olive oil in relation to vinegar.   I don't measure when I make dressing, but this time I did - so my children would have a reference of what we used on our salads.  :)  This was my lunch today....oh...light and subtle. 

Sundried tomato vinaigrette ~

6 sundried tomatoes (not from a jar)
1/4 c. spiced pear cider
1 garlic clove, minced
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 T. blackberry honey
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 T. champagne vinegar
1/3 c. olive oil
3 T. water
  • In a small saucepan, heat the cider and tomatoes together, bringing to a simmer.  Reduce to a very low simmer, simmer for 15 minutes.
  • Add the cider and tomatoes to a small food processor.  Add the garlic, mustard, honey, salt, black pepper and vinegar.  Process this until smooth.
  • Add the olive oil and the 3 T. water.  Process again until smooth
  • Adjust any season of salt or sweet that you might like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment