|~ Sofia cake ~|
- Why almonds? Because when I asked Sofia is she wanted nuts, that I had plenty of almonds, she replied, "Yes! When I think of almonds, I think of yummy!" I don't feel the same about almonds. This is not my cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a baking pan of choice. Either a bundt or angel food size pan with a removable bottom.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, extracts. Mix well.
- In thirds, add the flour mixtures and buttermilk, starting with the flour, ending with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the almonds.
- Bake for....oh....start checking on it at 55 minutes. It might take 10-15 minutes longer than that. I'll leave that to you and your oven. It should spring back or leave no crumbs on a toothpick...or a pretty handy dandy Swedish cake tester like we have. :)