Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heartfelt conversations with self ~

Where we sit together every night, sharing love and food.  A photo from Summer 2010
  • Can a blog have recipes and no pictures?  Yep. 
  • Am I still blogging for myself, a hobby and my children?  Yes.   
  • (Annie was amiss when I said I was thinking of ridding myself of this hobby...she enjoys this little corner of myself.) 
  • Can I continue to stomach using my current camera, pointing it at my children, the things I love the most?  I don't think so.
  • Have you ever cleansed your spirit of material goods that held unloving energy, retaining only the lesson?  
  • Who is nodding?   
  • Does the search for a camera overwhelm me?  Sort of.  I take mediocre pictures anyway.  I only need something that makes me happy.  Happiness is easy.
Costco has some really cute little cameras for close to a hundred dollars.  I'll be mulling that over.  Until then --

I have several older pictures of food in my files, items I meant to write up the recipes and post.  I could just plug those in until a fresh camera makes its way into our little hood home.  Or I could simply wait to blog when I do get a new camera.  Internal conversations.


The Guest House
by Rumi

This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

0 comments:

Post a Comment