|The first layer of fruit & streusel|
Simple apple cake with whole wheat flour ~
Linked to Menu Plan Monday
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. tapioca flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 - 1 tsp. nutmeg
6 1/2 T. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. sour cream
1 apple, cored, peeled, halved, 1/4" slices
Lots of streusel of choice, approximately a cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment an 8" springform pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients, set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar into the mixer bowl...mix until light.
- Add vanilla and one egg at a time, beating between the additions until light and fluffy.
- In thirds, alternate adding the flour and sour cream. Begin with flour, end with sour cream.
- Spread half the batter in the pan. Line half the apple slices atop the batter. Sprinkle the apples with half the streusel.
- Top with the remaining batter. Add the apple slices. Top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 60+ minutes. Use a toothpick in an area without apple, near the middle. It should spring back when lightly touched.
This is not very sweet, as I tend to bake for us, it's my perference. If you are...say...from the South...you might care for more sugar, the recipe can take to add up to 1-1/8 c. sugar. This would also be good with some added almonds or pecans.
Lil' dude asked for seconds ~ be still my beating heart....today I said yes.
|Apple crumb cake|
Lil' nose rubs ~ :)