Sunday, April 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~

Doing this with others motivates me...which in turn helps organize my life, which is helpful now that I have a part-time job outside the home...menu planning saves me money....and means we eat healthier when I plan....and makes me wander around the food fun of the web for a couple new meals to eat, keeping out meal anything but boring.  Heck...as if good food could be boring.  :)


If I get any pictures, I'll back track and add recipe links to the menu list as the week goes on. 


Meatless Monday ~

Breakfast - Whole wheat blueberry pancakes.

After school snack - apple crumb cake, milk.

Supper - Sauteed tofu with Thai spices, rice noodles with veggies and peanut sauce.  Veggies are roasted carrots and steam broccoli.

Taco Tuesday ~

Breakfast - homemade turkey sausage patties, toasted whole grain rye bread, grapefruit supremes.

Afterschool snack - hummus and crackers or yogurt and orange slices.

Supper - Sofia’s request, taco Tuesday.  Hard shell tacos.  Filling choices of seasoned ground beef, grated cheese, homemade salsa.  Rice, pilaf style, with browned sweet onion, cilantro, cumin, roasted poblano pepper.


Wednesday  ~

Breakfast - oatmeal.

Afterschool snack - banana and strawberry yogurt parfaits.

Supper - Baked turkey meatballs with hoisin sauce.  Brown jasmine rice.  Steamed broccoli.

Thursday ~

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, toast, orange wedges.

Snack - Popcorn, fruit.


Supper - Freezer grab -  Chili verde over brown basmati rice with caramelized onions.  Black beans.

Friday ~



Breakfast - Cherrios.  :)


Kidlets are gone to their dads for the weekend, no meal planning...I get to wing it as I go.  :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment